- HONEST AND TRUSTWORTHY?
- OF HIGH MORAL CHARACTER?
- A TEAM PLAYER WITH EXCEPTIONAL COMMUNICATION SKILLS?
- PHYSICALLY FIT AND RESPONSIBLE?
- SOMEONE WHO ENJOYS WORKING IN A DYNAMIC ENVIRONMENT?
If this describes you, then consider joining our Auxiliary Force Cadet program.
rotary career symposium – march 18 & 19, 2014
The Winnipeg Police Recruiting Unit will be attending the Rotary Career Symposium, RBC Convention Centre, 375 York Avenue on Tuesday, March 18 (9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m., 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.) and Wednesday, March 19 (9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.) Come out and speak to members of the Recruiting Unit and learn more about the Police Constable, Auxiliary Force Cadet and various civilian positions.
cadet class #8 applications are now closed!
The Winnipeg Police Service is not accepting applications for Auxiliary Force Cadet at the present time. Please check the website periodically for information on Cadet Class #9.
Auxiliary Cadets are peace officers that work throughout the city to enhance the Service’s visual presence, build positive relationships in the community and allow police members to focus on core police duties. A Cadet’s daily activities vary and include:
- conducting neighborhood foot patrol
- guarding crime scenes
- directing traffic
- assisting in ground searches
- receiving minor property and motor vehicle reports
- enforcing provincial statutes and municipal by-laws
- referring citizens to assisting agencies
As with police officers and staff, the Auxiliary Cadets have to exemplify the core competencies of City of Winnipeg employees:
- Citizen & Customer Focus
- Respecting Diversity
- Ethics and Values
- Integrity and Trust
- Results Oriented
Applicants chosen for these positions may be selected as full or part-time employees.