- HONEST AND TRUSTWORTHY?
- OF HIGH MORAL CHARACTER?
- A TEAM PLAYER WITH EXCEPTIONAL COMMUNICATION SKILLS?
- PHYSICALLY FIT AND RESPONSIBLE?
- SOMEONE WHO ENJOYS WORKING IN A DYNAMIC ENVIRONMENT?
If this describes you, then consider joining our Auxiliary Force Cadet program.
Auxiliary Cadets are peace officers that work throughout the city to enhance the Service’s visual presence, build positive relationships in the community and allow police members to focus on core police duties. A Cadet’s daily activities vary and include:
- conducting neighborhood foot patrol
- guarding crime scenes
- directing traffic
- assisting in ground searches
- receiving minor property and motor vehicle reports
- enforcing provincial statutes and municipal by-laws
- referring citizens to assisting agencies
As with police officers and staff, the Auxiliary Cadets have to exemplify the core competencies of City of Winnipeg employees:
- Citizen & Customer Focus
- Respecting Diversity
- Ethics and Values
- Integrity and Trust
- Results Oriented
Applicants chosen for these positions may be selected as full or part-time employees.
"The City of Winnipeg has committed itself to the implementation of an Employment Equity Program. This program is an employer initiated action to ensure that recruitment, selection, and promotion of all current and future employees is carried out in a non-discriminatory manner."
All Qualified Individuals Are Encouraged To Apply.