About the Service Monthly Statistical Report & Dashboard
In April 2015 the monthly statistical report was launched to provide year-to-date and monthly snapshotsof Criminal Code of Canada violations in Winnipeg. These snapshots form the basis of statistics that are forwarded to Statistics Canada for official tabulation. Because these are snapshots they do not include updates throughout the reporting process. Consequently, these statistics will differ slightly from the official data, which is reported through the Winnipeg Police Service (WPS) Annual Statistical Report and Statistics Canada publications. These statistical reports are meant to provide a general up-to-date account of crime activities. For official data, please refer to the Annual Statistical Report.
In March 2015 the Dashboard was launched with the intention of providing a monthly snapshot that shows work load analysis of six different areas of the Service.
Data provided compares the current month with the previous month, the previous year and the five year average where possible.
- Uniform Operations Initiated Events: Proactive policing based on Smart Policing Initiatives (SPI). These calls represent calls generated by Officers in all areas of the City.
- Top 5 Reported Events: Calls for service received by Citizens.
- IPDA (Intoxicated Persons Detention Act)
- Call Volume: 911 calls are triaged through the WPS, all other calls are either dealt with by Communication Centre personnel or diverted through an automated telephone service.
- Traffic Safety: Traffic enforcement conducted by Officers and image capturing enforcement systems.
- PON (Provincial Offence Notice) represent the number of tickets issued in the City of Winnipeg.
- WARNS are verbal cautions issued during traffic stops.
- PHOTO ENFORCMENT is captured by mobile units and stationary intersection cameras.
- Crime Statistics: A snapshot of violent & property crimes.
- Social Media: Social media is used to engage and inform the community of events through Tweets and You Tube videos.