Email any inquiries to ISD-HR-Internet-Contact@winnipeg.ca
The City of Winnipeg is an Employment Equity employer and encourages individuals belonging to the four designated groups to apply for positions:
- Visible Minorities
- Aboriginal People
- Persons with Disabilities
The main goal of employment equity is to ensure that barriers preventing the hiring of qualified persons belonging to the four designated groups are removed. The City of Winnipeg does not set aside positions specifically for designated group members. The reason for this is that all applicants must be given the same opportunity.
The City of Winnipeg currently uses the following process to advertise vacancies:
- All vacancies are also advertised on the Cityís website. The address is Winnipeg.ca/hr
- Resumes or applications are only accepted for positions where a current vacancy exists
- Designated group members are encouraged to self-declare when they fill out an application form
- All vacancies are also posted on the job board at City Hall, 510 Main Street, 1st floor
- For the hearing impaired call our TTY number at 204-986-1311
The application process may vary depending on the job and/or department. Please follow the process outlined for the specific vacancy for which you are applying.
Individuals requiring assistance applying for a job that is advertised may call the Equity and Diversity Coordinator at 204-986-4603.
The Winnipeg Police Service Human Resources recruiting number is 204-986-6204, website Winnipeg.ca/Police.