Français  |    | 

About 311

City of Winnipeg’s 311 Service – 24/7 Access to City Information and Services

Winnipeg’s 311 inquiry service provides citizens the opportunity to ask questions about, or to request city services at their convenience. Customer Service Representatives (CSR’s) operate out of a contact centre right here in Winnipeg, and are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Inquiries from the public can be dealt with in both English and French.

Contact 311 24/7 in any of the following ways:

Phone: 311
Fax: 311
Toll free: 1-877-311-4974 (4WPG)
device for the deaf):
Mail: 311 Services, 510 Main Street, Winnipeg, MB R3B 1B9

Contact 311 when you have a:

  • Request for service (such as sewer back-up, water main break, bulky garbage collection).
  • Request for information (such as permit processing, animal control, building inspections, traffic/parking issues, hours of operation of civic offices and facilities (such as pools and libraries), assessment and taxation, transit schedules).
  • Concern (such as parking tickets, property condition, street maintenance, snow clearing, potholes, noise complaints).
  • Request to register for city programs (e.g. Leisure Guide)

Upon receipt of your inquiry, the CSR will:

  • Search the extensive data base for an answer to your question if it is a request for information.
  • Complete a service request. The CSR will provide you with:
    • an approximate length of time to complete your request.
    • if you are calling to request a service, the CSR will open a new case for your request and will provide you with: the approximate length of time to complete your request and,
    • a unique reference number for that request. It is important that you keep this number handy for future inquiries due to privacy legislation; if you lose the number or don't record it, we will not be able to provide you with any updates on your service request, or;
    • If you need additional expertise from departmental staff, the CSR will connect you with the right individual (during normal business hours), or assist you in leaving a message with the appropriate department.

Last update: 17.04.2014

* Top of Page