OurWinnipeg Adopted by City Council
OurWinnipeg and the Complete Communities Direction Strategy received third reading at City Council on July 20, 2011. The plan took effect on August 17, 2011, replacing Plan Winnipeg 2020 as the official development plan guiding growth and change for the city.
OurWinnipeg presents a 25-year vision for the entire city. It positions Winnipeg for sustainable growth, which is key to our future competitiveness. This plan is required by the City of Winnipeg Charter that requires the City to adopt, by by-law, a development plan that sets out long-term plans and policies. The development plan guides and informs more detailed planning on specific topics or for specific areas.
A Brief Approval History...
On July 21, 2010, City Council considered the recommendations of the Executive Policy Committee on the following matters:
- OurWinnipeg Plan By-law No. 67/2010
- Complete Communities Direction Strategy - Secondary Plan No. 68/2010
- Sustainable Transportation Direction Strategy
- Sustainable Water and Waste Directional Strategy
- A Sustainable Winnipeg Direction Strategy
The City of Winnipeg received approval of the plan by the Province of Manitoba on June 27, 2011.
Additional information on these matters and official versions of the documents are accessible via the City Clerk’s Decision Making Information System
Visit SpeakUpWinnipeg.com to: learn more about the award winning OurWinnipeg process; follow what's happening now regarding OurWinnipeg; and continue the conversation. SpeakUpWinnipeg.com is the City of Winnipeg's online information and consultation portal for OurWinnipeg-related projects.
Getting a copy
For your convenience, there are a number of ways to access the documents:
- Download them (below)
- Check them out of the library. They are held at the Downtown Branch but can be sent to other branches
- Purchase them (at cost) from Zoning and Permits Branch, unit 31 - 30 Fort Street (Fort Garry Place), phone 204-986-5140
|OurWinnipeg (July 12, 2011)|
|Complete Communities (July 12, 2011)|
|Sustainable Transportation (July 12, 2011)|
|Sustainable Water & Waste (July 12, 2011)|
|A Sustainable Winnipeg (July 12, 2011)|
|Call to Action for OurWinnipeg (January 2010)|
|Appel à l’action pour NotreWinnipeg (janvier 2010)|
Last update: May 1, 2012
* Top of Page