In support of acquiring skilled, diverse competent employees to fill key positions across the organization, the City supports initiatives to provide potential applicants with opportunities to gain practical experience in various areas under a number of initiatives as follows.
The City of Winnipeg supports individuals who want to develop their skills or explore career options by providing unpaid work experience opportunities.
The Work Experience Program supports the City of Winnipeg’s commitment to diversity by encouraging departments to provide work experience specifically for designated group members (Aboriginal people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities) and recent immigrants.
How the Program Works
- To be considered, an individual must be recommended by a community agency or educational institution due to the requirement of liability insurance.
- Requests for work experience are accepted throughout the year.
- The ability to provide the work experience depends on the specific request and the City of Winnipeg’s operation needs at the time of the request.
How to Apply
- The community agency or educational institution must send a written request that includes documentation of Workers Compensation and Comprehensive General Liability Insurance coverage.
- The request should include the name of the individual and a resume if possible.
- The request will be reviewed and contact the referring agency if a work experience is available.
Human Resources Planning & Services Division
Corporate Support Services Department
* Top of Page