The City of Winnipeg values a dynamic and diverse workforce of highly skilled people working together to deliver excellent service to the citizens of Winnipeg.
What does it take to be excellent?
At the core of what the City does, providing a foundation for serving citizens of Winnipeg, are five key competencies required of all employees:
CITIZEN AND CUSTOMER FOCUS:
- We act in the best interests of the community we serve. Whether it is the citizenry at large or a specific customer base.
- We strive to meet their needs and exceed their expectations.
- We treat all people with dignity and respect.
- We demonstrate fair and equitable practices in our service delivery and in the workplace, striving to remove all forms of discrimination.
ETHICS AND VALUES:
- The City of Winnipeg’s values are: Integrity, Respect, Quality, Accountability and Diversity.
INTEGRITY AND TRUST:
- We are accountable and transparent.
- We recognize that citizens are entitled to integrity in government. Our commitment to accountability means taking responsibility for our actions. Our commitment to transparency means clearly demonstrating how tax dollars are spent.
- We are committed to responsiveness, effectiveness, and efficiency.
- We take personal accountability for our work.
The competency framework that the City of Winnipeg uses is derived from the LEADERSHIP ARCHITECT®
Top of Page