1. Do you accept general resumes?
No, we do not accept general resumes. Your resume will not be considered unless it has a posting number and title on it.
2. Do I need to put the posting number on my resume?
Yes, you should put the posting number and title on your resume/cover letter.
3. Where do I go to drop off my resume?
If the job posting requires a resume only and states you can apply in-person, the contact name and address will appear on the job opening as to where you can go to drop off your resume. However, we recommend you apply online by completing our online application form.
4. Do I need to fill out an application form if I am providing a copy of resume?
It all depends on the job opening. Follow the instructions provided on the job opening. Instructions vary from one job opening to the other.
5. How long is my application/resume kept on file?
For the following recruitments, your application/resume is kept on file between 3 to 6 months. The time frame will be stated on the job opening:
- Clerical (all)
- Student Labourer
- Seasonal Labourer
- Instructor Guard
- Skate Patrols
- Recreation Technician
- Student Meter Reader
- Library Page
- Technical Assistant
- Golf Course Starter
If you donít hear from us within the time frame indicated, then you will need to re-apply at the next recruitment cycle.
6. For formatting your resume and/or cover letter for our online application form:
Go to our Document Library to print the pdf document.
7. Below are some resume preparation tips:
- Indicate the posting number and position title on your resume/cover letter.
- Focus on matching your skills/experience and education to who you are as a person to the position you are interested in.
- Highlight the reasons why you are qualified for the position.
- Neatly prepare your resume; free from spelling and/or grammatical errors.
- Keep your resume to approximately 3 pages in length.
- Tailor your resume to the position.
8. Do you keep resumes in a database to consider me for future jobs?
No, your resume is considered only when you submit your resume to one of our job openings we have advertised.
* Top of Page