Pre-Screening Interviews(For our temporary/seasonal or summer recruitments you may be required to have a pre-screening interview as part of the hiring process)
1. What questions do you ask during the pre-screening interview?
- We clarify information on your resume i.e. work experience, qualifications, volunteer work.
- We ask when you are available to start work.
2. What can I expect during the pre-screening interview?
You will meet with one of our HR Administrators:
- We review your resume with you.
- We ensure all required certificates are valid and included with your application.
- We check that all necessary forms have been completed i.e. Pre-Placement Health Assessment Form, Eligibility List.
- We ensure all testing requirements are met i.e. keyboarding (typing) and word processing.
- We provide information about the job to the applicant.
3. How long is the pre-screening interview?
The pre-screening interview usually lasts between 10 and 15 minutes.
4. Do I need to make an appointment for the pre-screening interview?
No, but if the job requires specific certifications at time of application, then all applicants will need to bring photocopies of their certifications with them to the pre-screening interview. We do not provide photocopies of certificates.
5. Where do I go for the pre-screening interview?
City Hall - Administration Building - Human Resources - Main Floor - 510 Main Street - Monday to Friday between 8:30 am and 12 Noon and 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm.
6. What jobs require pre-screening interviews?
These are the positions that require pre-screening interviews:
* Top of Page