Financial Services Division
An internal service that supports senior management and offers financial stewards of the organization service delivery and policy formulation on financing, credit ratings, cash management, banking and treasury management issues. Arranges required funding for capital financing and operational cash flow.
Senior management, City departments and the general public are the clients of this service.
Value of Service
The value of this service to our clients is the provision of timely financial information, that cash is available for requirements at the lowest cost and that a maximum return on investment is achieved within the context of prudent financial risk management.
- Accounts payable cheques distributed and reconciled - 50,000
- Deposits processed and reconciled - 16,000
- Electronic accounts payable payments - 9,000
- Charitable donation receipts issued - 1,200
- Short-term investment transactions - 300
This division is accountable for the delivery of the City's capital financing, treasury and cash management and the administration of corporate disbursements in addition to representing the City in relationships with banks, investment dealers and credit rating agencies.
- Debt Management Policy (46kb)
- Debt Strategy (207kb)
- Approved Investment Policy - Adopted By Council July 21, 2010 (355kb)
Rob Provencher, Manager of Financial Services
Email | 4th Floor, 510 Main Street - 311
Bob Adams, Superintendent of Treasury Branch
Email | Main Floor, 510 Main Street - 311
Last update: Last update: 19-Feb-2013
* Top of Page