|Notice: Margaret Grant Pool is temporarily closed until further notice at 11:25am March 26, 2017(Sunday).|
|Notice: Pan Am Pool Tuesday, March 28 between 8:00am and 4:00pm only HALF of the Walk/Jog Track will be available for public use.|
Women’s Only Swim: New public swim program at Kinsmen Sherbrook Pool, regular admissions respecting diversity and religious beliefs of Muslim faith, all women welcome Sundays 5:00-7:00 pm, beginning March 26, 2017.
Seven Oaks Pool will be closed for renovations beginning Sunday, April 2. Therefore, no swimming lessons have been scheduled for the Seven Oaks Pool at this time. Additional swimming lessons have been added to North Centennial Recreation and Leisure Facility as an alternative to the Seven Oaks Pool temporary closure or citizens may wish to view the Swimming for All Ages guide for other facility options.
|Bernie Wolfe||95 Bournais Drive|
|Bonivital||1215 Archibald Street|
|Cindy Klassen Recreation Complex||999 Sargent Avenue|
|Eldon Ross||1887 Pacific Avenue West|
|Elmwood Kildonans||909 Concordia Avenue|
|Kinsmen Sherbrook (formerly Sherbrook Pool)||381 Sherbrook Street|
|Margaret Grant||685 Dalhousie Drive|
|North Centennial Recreation & Leisure Facility||90 Sinclair Street|
|Pan Am||25 Poseidon Bay|
|Seven Oaks||444 Adsum Drive|
|St. James Assiniboia Centennial||644 Parkdale Street|
|St. James Civic Centre||2055 Ness Avenue|
|Transcona Kinsmen Centennial||1101 Wabasha Street|
Take a look at Pools at a Glance for a listing of amenities.
For complete facility schedules, please visit the web page of the pool of your choice.
Swimming is a life skill; learn more about our swim lessons.
Check Swimming for All Ages - the interactive guide listing swim course codes.
There are 7 types of swim times offered. Public admission requirements apply to all swim times.
- Public Swim: designated time for safe activities for everyone;
- Lap Swim: designated time for safe fitness swimming in lane formations;
- Free Swim: designated time for safe activities for everyone; no admission fees apply;
- Loonie / Toonie Swim: designated time for safe activities for all people that meet admission requirements, admission fee for under 18 years is $ 1.00; admission fee for 18 years and over is $2.00;
- Family Swim: designated time for safe activities for families, adults must be accompanied by children and children must be accompanied by adults;
- Adult Swim: designated time for safe activities for people 18 years and over;
- Youth Swim: designated time for safe activities for swimmers 9 - 19 years of age.
Admission Rates and Requirements
Height Requirements - all children who do not meet the pool's height requirement must be accompanied in the water by a parent/guardian/caregiver at a ratio of one parent/guardian/caregiver to four children (1:4 ratio).
Entry Requirements - all children under 7 years of age must be accompanied in the water by a parent/guardian/caregiver at a ratio of one parent/guardian/caregiver to four children (1:4 ratio).
You could work as a Swim Instructor/Lifeguard with us!
We offer all the courses you need to get certified to work with us – start today! Join the wave of the future… train to become a City of Winnipeg Instructor/Lifeguard. Read more.
If you are 16 years of age and have a current National Lifeguard Service award; Standard First Aid; CPR C; Lifesaving & First Aid Instructors; Red Cross Water Safety Instructors, you could join our Instructor/Guard team.
Our 16 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week operation has great opportunities for part-time employees. Read more
To begin the application process on-line, visit www.winnipeg.ca/hr.
- Check Swimming for All Ages - the interactive guide listing swim course codes.
- Pool Rules and Safety
- Pool Water Quality and Practicing Healthy Swimming Behaviours
- Entry Requirements
- Height Requirements
- Admission Rates
- Printable copy of Pool Entry, Admission and Safety Guidelines
- Click for Indoor Track locations and schedules
- Have a party at the pool - click for information on Pool Party planning