Links on this page:
View Dogs Available for Adoption!
Public hours for viewing of dogs in our facility are 11:00 a.m. until 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday and Saturday and Sunday from Noon until 4:00 p.m. The Animal Services Agency is closed on statutory holidays.
The Animal Services Agency offers adoption opportunities for dogs only. If you are interested in cat adoption consult your yellow pages under Animal Shelters.
Many dogs brought into the Animal Service Agency are strays that are never claimed by their owners and it is great to offer these dog a second chance.
If you are interested in adopting a dog:
- Browse our adoption photo gallery Please Note: Adoption photos are maintained by volunteers and are updated weekly.
- Drop into the Animal Service Agency at 1057 Logan Ave. and see what dogs are available.
- We will help choose an appropriate pet and encourage you to read our posters on “Choosing the Right Dog for You" as well as spend time with a dog you may be interested in.
- Once you have chosen a dog that suits you and your family, there is a screening process in which you will be asked to fill out a questionnaire and contract.
- When all the paperwork is finished and you have been approved we will arrange a surgery date to get your new dog spayed/neutered.
- All intact dogs that are adopted from the Animal Services Agency must be spayed or neutered.
- Choosing the Right Dog for You
- Benefits to Spaying or Neutering your Dog?
Adoption fees start at $137.00. For further information on adoption fees call the Animal Services Agency at 311
Adoption fees include:
- mandatory spaying/neutering
- first license
- check up by the veterinarian
- first vaccinations (excluding rabies)
- microchip implant
- 6 weeks of free pet insurance
- a small bag of dog food
- de-worming for young pups
- coupons and literature on responsible pet ownership.