Accessibility Accessibility Site Accessibility Information Access Key 1 to Skip to Top Navigation Access Key 2 to Skip to the Three One One link Access Key 3 to Skip to City of Winnipeg Main Menu Access Key 4 to Skip to Left Navigation Menu Access Key 5 to Skip to Content area Access Key 6 to Skip to Right Sidebar content area Access Key 7 to Skip to Footer Links
Link to the City of Winnipeg French websiteFrançais  |  Current weather in the City of Winnipeg Accessibility   |   
Three one one Online Services
Winnipeg Minute
Mayor Brian Bowman's photo
Watch Council and Committee Meetings
Our Winnipeg

Permits & Licenses


Click on the image below to view information on a specific permit.
Permits image
Open Air Fire Permit Hydrant Rental Permit Fireworks Permits Noise Permit Alarm Permit Sewer & Water Inspection Permit Parade Permit Block Party Permit Street Festival Permit Excavation Cut Permit Discharge Weapon Permit Special Events Permits Move Permit Residential Building Permits

Alphabetical Permit List

Alarm Permit - Winnipeg Police Service

Approach Construction Permit – Public Works

Block Party Permit - Public Works

Building Permits

Civic Charities Permit - Community Services

Construction, Use of Street Permit - Public Works

Crossing Permit - Public Works

Discharge Weapon Permit - Winnipeg Police Service

Excavation Cut Permit - Public Works

Home-Based Business Permit – Planning, Property & Development

Hydrant Rental Permit - Public Works

Fireworks Permits - Fire Paramedic Service

Frozen Waterway Permit – Planning, Property & Development

Move Permit - Public Works

Noise Permit – Winnipeg Police Service

Open Air Fire Permit - Fire Paramedic Service

Parade Permit - Winnipeg Police Service

Parking Permits - Winnipeg Parking Authority

Residential Building Permits – Planning, Property & Development

Sewer & Water Inspection Permit - Public Works

Special Events Permits

Street Festival Permit - Public Works

Truck / Special Mobile Machine Permits – Public Works

Waterway Permit – Planning, Property & Development

Licenses - Alphabetical List

Bicycle License - Community Services

Business Licenses - Community Services

Dog License

Raffle License - Community Services

Sewer and Water Contractors License - Water & Waste
A contractor must be licensed by us to perform work on the City water system or sewer system, or to install services that connect to the City water or sewer system.

Taxicab License - Community Services